Nuke Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Map reset, please no

+3
Tom
kallekulle
Palmboompje
7 posters

Go down

Map reset, please no Empty Map reset, please no

Post  Palmboompje Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:21 am

well I heard today there was gona be another map reset in two days time
Haven't heard it from a mod or admin directly
Please please please tell me this isn't true.
I dont wanna lose all my stuff or my base.
And if the world gets a reset can't you like worldedit a few tiny bits of it?

EDIT
btw if this is about the corrupted chunks, don't reset an entire map just because of a few little corrupted chunks.
instead block them off with bedrock or someting. but just because some new players come in corruptt a chunk and leave, you shouldn't reset the map please.

Atleast think about it for a while, yes? please?

Palmboompje

Back to top Go down

Map reset, please no Empty Re: Map reset, please no

Post  kallekulle Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 am

Yes please, I love this server and its peoples, and I want to get back. but this time, make a full scale wipe, everything, alch bags, inventorys, EVERYTHING! mohahahahaa Very Happy
Yes, Im mean
But when theres a map wipe, do it properly. and please do it tonight?

Love you guys, and I want to get back :3

kallekulle

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmboompje Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 am

NO
if there has to be a whipe then atleast leave our bags and stuff in our inventories alone.
If you want to start over again than just throw all your stuff away, but I worked too hard for mine!

btw I heard the whipe is because of a huge worldhole that is eating the world.
This means for my base atleast that I cant pick up items so all my stuff just sitting there. I made a list of it all so perhaps mayby sometime it could be replaced Very Happy

Palmboompje

Back to top Go down

Post  kallekulle Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:27 am

oh
my
god

crying over items, ey? theres something called a 'life' you know? ever heard of it? theres no point in a map wipe if you keep your inventory... + if new map, disable railcraft instantly, thats the shit that corrupts everything

kallekulle

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmboompje Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:40 am

no

Palmboompje

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:50 pm

yeh

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  artisuk Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 pm

hard couple days work and i will get my stuff back, besides i cant get to my stuff as my chunk is corrupted

artisuk

Back to top Go down

Map reset, please no Empty Yes map, No Inventory

Post  70_S_Dancer Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:24 pm

I agree that the map should be reset and therefore the mods and owners can make spawn properly and implement anti corruption policies. However, I have spent (as i'm sure many others have) many hours developing, finding and making my machines and items from nothing.
Therefore i would say it would be a bad idea to remove inventories unless you are willing to replace items for people who have put effort into the server.

Another suggestion would be to allow more people other than admins to protect chunks because I would love to make the server look nice but it would be pointless me doing so because everything would get griefed. Thats why all my projects are hidden from view.
In preparation for the map reset I have prepared two alchemy bags which contain everything I made; so fingers crossed you don't delete inventories as I personally see no need for it.

70_S_Dancer

Back to top Go down

Post  kallekulle Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:32 pm

70_s, I see your point, but sure, I've put a ton of work into my base (40 geothermals, providing me with 800 eu/tick, tons of Mk3 collectors and shizzle), but Im willing to give it all up, and I (and as many) cant get on to pack alch bags, so it'd be an unfair advantage for all the ones who aren't in a corrupted chunk. But even if I'd be able to get on, I'd still like to see a full map wipe. its just so much more fun, otherwise its just like 'oh, a refresh, rebuild base in one day, and mine more fresh resources'
nothing to it..
on the other hand, if you wipe it all
You'll have stuff to do, crafting, mining, nolifing, and the server gets a point again. full wipes ftw.

tl;dr
If you wipe your *ss, dont you want all the shit to be gone?

kallekulle

Back to top Go down

Map reset, please no Empty Yeah I see

Post  70_S_Dancer Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:09 pm

I see what your trying to say, but I'm still heavily in the build process with my friend, and we're no where near any top level items. We joined the server to explore tekkit and have some fun and while making a new base from scratch might be exciting for a while, it will annoy me and my friend that we have to gather all the materials to make a quarry or macerator again.
This is especially relevant as much of our time is taken up by mining out an underground existence in order to protect our items, so having to do all that again and find materials for machines will mean a lot of our time will be used up on getting things we should already have. I mean I wouldn't be so annoyed if everything got reset, just aslong as a moderator could give me a transmutation tablet, philosophers stone, generator, macerator, diamond pick/shovel, quarry and engines/wires/pipes for them.
That way we could get back to where we were technology wise, and just spend more time on making a better base and collecting minerals to use. I just think that If we go back to square 1 my friend and I won't want to play on the server anymore because we'd feel everything we've done on it was a waste.

70_S_Dancer

Back to top Go down

Map reset, please no Empty Map Reset for the Better

Post  Murphkyl001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Guys, there should be a map reset. It would give the server more of a chance to be different, but for a better purpose...
I don't want to lose my stuff, either, but Yama can save inventories and alchemy bags, so that we can still have our stuff... If anyone wants, I CAN supply a few alchemy bags to store items for you guys Smile
I also want to address the spawnpoint.The spawn is getting demolished most of the time, thanks to new griefers coming on the server. If the map resets, we can protect spawn, like with a chunk protector. We could also implement new ideas, like say if you move, take your house apart and move! It would help the server a lot and would keep it clean Very Happy
So, if you agree with me, tell Yama on the server!

And I would like to ask (And I know I'm taking a long shot here) if I could apply for a Moderator position. I think I could help the server a lot, since I'm almost always on after school and on weekends (When I'm not on a Bukkit server Razz )

I hope you take this in mind. Post what you think!!!

Murphkyl001

Back to top Go down

Post  coupdetaut Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:56 pm

Before i say anything else i will point out this....I am for the Map restart for Biased Reasons... in all directions from my home for about 500-700 blocks is a sea of chunk errors....not a few dotted ones....a SEA of solid chunk errors....Blocking off these errors gets a ad harder you know?

coupdetaut

Back to top Go down

Post  Palmboompje Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 am

You all do realise that a map reset just solves all of the named problems temporarely.
1. Spawn is ugly and gets griefed!
well move away from spawn. Do you really think that getting a new spawn will fix it.
there is no easy plugin that can protect spawn because all the normal land protection mods are only for the vanilla minecraft.
If you get a new spawn, mark my words it will be a battlefield in 2-3 tops.
The solution I have seen work a couple of times, is to expand the spawn area. Make it about 200 blocks in each direction. This way you spread out the rubbish and make it looks less bad.
Another solution is that moderators whipe spawn clean from time to time.
2. Chunk errors!!!
Well chunk errors are part of the modding scene, if you play a modded version of minecraft don't be suprised if it crashed or glitches or has bugs.
That's just the way it is. And railcraft is indeed a mod that causes a number of corruptions, but it is by far the only one.
For intance, if you hook up batboxes in a circle you have a pretty big chance of corruption. My solution would be, don't be stupid and place things that cause glitches, becasue for the most part all the errors that have occured are know by or the players or the forums (tekkit or nukegaming) and if you don't know these errors it is your own fault.
Furthermore reseting the map will just remove the ones we have now, but i am sure that there will be a number of corruptions in a few days time.
3. I want to start over again, because I have nothing to do!!!
Jump in the lava.
If you want to start over and have things to do, I get that but don't drag other people that do want to keep there stuff with you.

Palmboompje

Back to top Go down

Post  coupdetaut Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:38 am

Well it seems now most of the chunk errors are gone...now the problem is saving Every 5 mins.....

coupdetaut

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:26 am

yeh

Tom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: